If you’ve always thought that only aggressive laser treatments or injectables could change your skin’s overall health and appearance, it’s time to get reacquainted with the world of chemical peels. Chemical exfoliation has been utilized for centuries to improve the skin’s luminosity and smooth its texture. Cleopatra was known to bathe in sour goat’s milk to take advantage of the skin-smoothing lactic acid it contained and experimented with the tartaric acid in grapes (wine) to keep her skin tone clear and even. Needless to say, the science of chemical peeling has come a long way since Ancient Egyptian times! Gentle acids now play a prominent role in our at-home skincare regimens, and stronger chemical variations are now customized to treat a vast array of skin concerns like acne, pigmentation, and fine lines. Over the past decade, one peel has consistently risen to the top in terms of its capabilities to transform the appearance of the skin on both face AND body with safe, effective, and predictable results. Skin Artisans is excited to introduce you to the peel that has touched the faces of over 10 million people to date. It’s time to learn how our new VI Peel can help you achieve the skin you want and deserve!
How do Chemical Peels work?
Depending on your age and overall health, your skin (as an adult) can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to entirely “turn over” and reveal new cells. This rate of cellular renewal slows with aging and is influenced by certain conditions such as acne. The buildup of dead skin cells can lead to a dull, sallow complexion and congested pores and acne breakouts. In addition, if we have deep pigment damage from hormones (Melasma) or sun damage (hyperpigmentation), it can seem like it takes forever to see improvement in our skin’s clarity with at-home products alone.
Chemical peels kick this entire process into overdrive! Once placed on the skin, a peel goes to work by dissolving the bonds between dead skin cells and sebum. Certain acids, like salicylic acid, will even work their way deep inside a pore to exfoliate problematic cells that can lead to acne breakouts. Days later, dead skin starts to slough off, and fresh, healthy cells come to the surface! With each cycle of lifting away dull, damaged, built-up cells, a brighter, more youthful and more radiant complexion is revealed!
What makes the VI Peel Family of Chemical Peels so Special?
There is a balance to beauty, and VI Peels have perfectly weighed each active ingredient in their peels to deliver safe, predictable, and effective results. Their carefully-selected blends of ingredients are gentle enough for the delicate skin around the eyes, yet powerful enough to smooth scarring and lift away sun damage on the face AND body. VI Peels address the concerns you have with your skin. They also restore optimal collagen and elastin production and stimulate tissue regeneration for several months following your peel.
In addition to providing genuinely transformative results, the VI Peel is also unique in that is can be used on all skin types and colors, including those with sensitive skin. Their quick, predictable turnaround time also allows you to return to your busy schedule after a weekend of peeling.
What’s in a VI Peel?
There are several different kinds of VI Peels that are focused on various skin concerns. CLICK HERE to read up on which peel may be right for you.
Most peels in the family include these ingredients:
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) – Stimulates collagen production and smooth skin
- Retinol – Softens the appearance of fine lines and decreases the depth of wrinkles
- Salicylic acid – reduces inflammation, decongest pores, and prevent future acne
- Phenol – dramatically reduces deep wrinkles and fine lines
- Vitamin C – increases the skin’s resiliency and leaves you with a lasting glow!
What can a VI Peel Series Accomplish?
- Reduce the reoccurrence of acne breakouts on the face and body
- Soften acne scarring on the face and body
- Even out skin discolorations that result from acne scarring on the face and body
- Smooth fine lines, wrinkles, and scarring
- Progressively lighten and clear hormonal pigmentation, like Melasma
- Clear sun damage and hyperpigmentation on the face and body
- Improve the overall texture and tone of your skin
- Reduce the size and appearance of pores
- Increase the thickness and firmness of the skin by stimulating collagen and elastin growth
- Remove precancerous skin cells with repeated peels
Schedule a consultation with your Skin Artisans Advanced Practice Esthetician to discover why over 10 million people have chosen the VI Peel to help them achieve their healthiest, most beautiful skin possible! Call (952) 767-3163 to get started!